Car accident compensation claim is not only for the physical injuries involved in an auto accident, but also for the car repairs. Filing a car accident compensation claim is generally a slow & hectic process.
10 tips that helps for the car accident compensation claim
- Call the police immediately as soon as the accident occurred & do not leave the crime scene. Also, make a call to 911 and call for an ambulance
- You should not move your car unless it’s most necessary. This is because, only the original position of the car would help the police to identify who’s guilty for the accident
- Try to get insurance information from everyone involved in the car accident. This is not just for your car, also for the other one. You must get the registration information from the other driver too. If police handles all this for you, get a copy from him which includes his badge number, identity, etc.
- If you couldn’t get hold of the police after the accident, collect the following information: Insurance details of the other driver, license plate & registration number. If they make an attempt to flee the scene or refuse to share the information, note down their license plate number at least
- Do not involve in heated war of words with the other driver, at any cost. The police or law enforcement authority will handle that for you
- If you find any witnesses, get their information such as name, contact number & physical address. Witnesses help to determine the driver who is guilty for the accident
- Although you think that you were not injured during the accident, it is always advised to visit the nearby hospital as earlier as possible and run a general checkup. There are least chances that you could get some symptoms which will grow gradually and make things worse after a few months. File all the hospital bills, so that you can attach when filing a car accident compensation claim
- Notify your insurance provider about the accident in a timely manner to avoid chaos on a later date
- Take as many photos as possible of the vehicles involved in the accident and the surrounding area. Although your insurance provider will send a professional to take pictures, it is recommended to take some of your own. These photos will help the court to identify whose fault it was, for the accident
- If you found or suspect that the other driver has consumed alcohol or any other drugs, inform the police officer right away. In such cases, the other driver will have to undergo a sobriety test
Things you should know about Traffic Insurance
Do not miss any of the tips provided above and you will be all fine when filing a car accident compensation claim.